Quick Exit
add to RSS feed
Members' Area

Reporting Concerns

If you or someone you know is being hurt or is very unsafe right now, you should dial 999.

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused, you can make a referral to:


Multi-Agency Referral Unit (MARU): 0300 123 1116

Out of Hours Service: 01208 251300

Isles of Scilly

Children's Social Care: 0300 1234 105 Option 5

Out of Hours Service: 01720 422699

If you have concerns about a professional or volunteer working with a child you need to contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.

The Cornwall Inter-agency Referral Form and Isles of Scilly Children in Need Inter Agency Referral Form can also be used to share information with your local office. More information on how to make a referral can be found here.

If you are unsure the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Children Partnership Procedures will be able to help guide you.

Alternatively, you can contact the NSPCC Helpline by calling 0808 800 5000 or emailing help@NSPCC.org.uk

Worried about an adult?

Please visit the Safeguarding Adults Board website.

If you are concerned about abuse or neglect of an adult in Cornwall, please contact Cornwall Council’s Safeguarding Adults/Access Team

  • Telephone: 0300 1234 131
  • Out of hours telephone: 0300 1234 131- Option 1 (For emergencies only)

If you are concerned about abuse or neglect of an adult in Isles of Scilly, please contact Council of the Isles of Scilly Adult Social Care department

  • Telephone 0300 1234 105 
  • Out of hours telephone: 01720 422699

Related Guidance

What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused.  Advice for practitioners

MARU Masterclass


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article