Working Together - Half Day Refresher
This Level 3 training aims to build strong professional networks in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, to ensure that all children and young people living here are safe, protected from harm, and have access to the right help at the right time. It will enable participants to work together to identify, assess and meet the needs of children and young people where there are safeguarding concerns.
This training can act as the update or refresher required for Level 3 compliance with the requirements of statutory or professional organisations.
The training will meet the continuing developmental needs of multi-agency professionals working with children, young people and/or their parents/carers who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child or young person, and parenting capacity, where there are safeguarding and / or child protection concerns. This may include staff who complete Section 47 enquiries, GPs, mental health staff (adult and CAMHS), child psychologists, child psychotherapists, adult learning disability staff, designated person(including child minders/ foster carers), police, health professionals working in substance misuse services, youth offending team staff, sexual health staff, school nurses, social workers, health visitors, all children’s nurses, midwives, obstetricians, all paediatricians, designated/safeguarding leads within a school, college, early years or childcare setting, organisation or agency and those who work with complex cases or co-ordinate assessments of children in need.
- Participants will be expected to have completed Level 3 Child Protection Course through Our Safeguarding Partnership for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
By the end of the half-day course participants will be able to:
- Update policies, procedures and practice in line with any changes in national legislation and guidance
- Identify current safeguarding concerns that affect children having regard to the priorities set by Our Safeguarding Partnership for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
- Apply lessons from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews through the use of case studies
- Describe examples of best practice in creating a safeguarding culture within organisations