Supporting Healthy Relationships
Parental conflict can destabilise relationships and damage children’s upbringing, potentially harming their opportunities well into the future. There is compelling evidence that conflict between parents – whether together or separated – can have a significant long term negative impact on children's mental health and long term life chances. Not all conflict is damaging, but when it is frequent, intense, and poorly resolved it can harm children's outcomes.
OnePlusOne’s digital interventions are designed to help parents reflect on conflict in their relationship with current or ex-partners, and the impact of that conflict on their children. The interventions use videos and animations which incorporate evidence-based techniques to promote behaviour change.
The practitioner training programme is designed for anyone who works with parents in a variety of settings including health, children’s social care, and education. They are likely to be working with families where there are already high levels of poorly managed conflict between parents who are together or separated.
The practitioner programme is designed to be facilitated over two sessions:
1. What do I need to know about relationships?
- Why do relationships matter?
- What is the impact of relationship conflict on children and families?
- When is conflict harmful for children?
2. How do I use digital resources with parents?
- Why we should and why we don't.
- A framework for relational conversations.
- Relational skills in action.
Practitioners attending the training programme will learn how to:
- Raise parents' awareness of parental conflict and the impact on children.
- Use OnePlusOne’s digital resources to help parents recognise conflict and destructive behaviour patterns.
- Enable parents to develop positive communication skills and constructive conflict behaviours.
Please note this course is delivered online over 2 consecutive half days; 9.30-12.30 on 16th and 17th October 2023
|online. Invitation with Microsoft Teams link will be sent out
|GW03 Dolcoath Camborne
|St Austell Family Hub